ACA CheckList for Escape Online 5
We are ready to help you make the best of the new Affordable Care Act regulations and reporting this coming January. As we showed you at our Getting to Know ACA session at the Beyond Escape User Conference, we have created a checklist for you to get ready for reporting.
Contact the IRS
- Apply for an AIR Transmitter Control Code (TCC) number. You will need this to submit the ACA file to the IRS electronically. (Escape Online supports the AFA for ACA Internet Transmitter.)
Contact Your County Office of Education
- Your COE might be doing some or all of the setup. You will want to coordinate efforts.
Verify All Organization Record Setup
- Fill out Section 10 - ACA.
Verify All Bargaining Unit Setup
- Fill out ACA Defaults tab.
- If using the Measurement Method, fill out the Look Back Periods tab.
Verify All Medical Benefit Provider Groups
- Setup groups of MED and OPT for your medical plans.
- Work with Escape Customer Support to populate Benefit Provider Records.
Verify Employee Records in Employee Management
- If the organization or benefit provider is self-insured, set the Medical flag to YES for the health plan in the Dependents tab.
- If the coverage is Pre Pay, verify the Coverage Dates in the Benefit Providers tab.
Start the Review Process
- Load and verify data in the Employee ACA Activity.
- Review the employee data.
Stay tuned to our blog for updates!
Also, consider signing up for the Escape Online 5, December 10, ACA Reporting webinar.