I recently reached out to Joe Atherton, the Director of Fiscal Services, to see how things were going and he expressed how happy they are with the software. His staff was very excited about the features, so I was glad to hear the software is living up to their expectations. I asked Joe for a few reasons his users were loving the software, and in return I got far more than I asked for!
Here is what Cathleen Kucz, Human Resources, Accounting Specialist/Payroll, had to say about Escape:
“What can I say about ESCAPE?! I can say that I absolutely, positively LOVE IT! ESCAPE has changed my life as the Payroll Specialist! Here are a few of the things I love about ESCAPE:
1. I no longer have to manually input 15 lines per page, 30 pages per month of P/T faculty payroll BECAUSE WE SIMPLY CONVERT A PAYROLL EXCEL (spreadsheet) TO A CSV FILE AND IMPORT IT! This function alone saves me, at the minimum, at least one full-day’s worth of work.
2. The Employee Management tabs are excellent and easy to access.
3. The pay stub generated by ESCAPE has actual DESCRIPTION LINES for the types of pay for which an employee is being compensated! This is especially important for the P/T faculty, who are generally paid for many different types of work, i.e., instructional, stipends, substitute work, flex, office hours, evaluations, etc. Before ESCAPE, I would be called up on to look up (quite frequently, each payroll) exactly WHAT such an employee was being paid for, as their stub only denoted a gross amount for the month, without any descriptions. The pay stub with ESCAPE is fantastic in regard to the information provided!
4. The Pay History function is easy-peasy, and a quick and accurate way to provide payroll information to an employee.
5. I no longer have to manually input the time sheets for our STNC and Student Workers. I simply create an EXCEL (spreadsheet) with their information, convert it to a CSV file, and import it into the system. Once again, valuable time is saved!
6. The payroll reports, specifically the Pay 14 (which is used to audit the monthly payroll), is easy to read and provides the information in a clear, concise fashion. I’m able to audit the payroll in a more timely, cohesive fashion.
7. The payroll errors report, the Pay 22, is an amazing feature! I can run this report and trouble-shoot errors prior to submitting the payroll to MCOE. Before ESCAPE, a payroll was submitted and the auditor at MCOE would be responsible for finding all the errors! Then the communication would begin back and forth to resolve the issues. Now, I can see the myriad of errors that can and do occur, and easily fix them before I submit the payroll. If I cannot fix an error, I obtain assistance. I can only imagine that the auditors at MCOE must love this feature as well, as it must save them valuable time each month!
8. Our longevity schedules are built-in to ESCAPE for F/T Classified and MSC, so we no longer have to manually keep track of longevity to make sure it increases at the appropriate time.
9. Soon, our Vacation and Sick Leaves will be entered into ESCAPE, and this information will appear on each month’s pay stub! Gone are the days of creating “leave stickers” for the payrolls each month and affixing them to the pay stubs! Yay!”
I love hearing how much our customers love our software, and how much it helps them work with more efficiency, accuracy, and flexibility. I know as a former user, I couldn’t have lived without it, so I completely agree and relate to Cathi’s sentiments!